We are pleased to inform you that Babeș-Bolyai University, via its STAR-UBB Institute, is launching its annual competition for Special Scholarships for Scientific Activity (SSSA) for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The SSSA are granted to students with very good academic activity, who have a track of worthy performances in their research field.
All students enrolled at Babeș-Bolyai University that are Romanian citizens or citizens of the member states of the European Union or of the countries belonging to the European Economic Area and Switzerland, are eligible to participate.
The competition is open to undergraduate students (starting with year II) and master students (starting with year I). The scholarship is awarded only once during the course of a study cycle, for one academic year, except for students in their final year of study (the scholarship is awarded until the graduation exam).
Application and evaluation procedure:
Candidates will submit a file containing the following documents:
- a) Application form;
- b) Description of the proposed research project;
- c) Letter of recommendation from the scientific coordinator of the research project including a statement of responsibility and commitment regarding the mentorship;
- d) The candidate’s prior relevant scientific publications and presentations at conferences (if any), in extenso.
The submitted applications will be assessed by the Evaluation Committee of the Faculty; please contact your Dean’s office for further information.
October 5th to 20th (4 pm), 2023: Submission of the applications (https://inscrieri.ubbcluj.ro/burse/);
November 8th, 2023: Deadline for the submission of the applications to the Rectorate by the faculties. The application files must be accompanied by a priority list/ranking proposed by the Evaluation Committee;
November 9th to 21st, 2023: the UBB Research Council evaluates the submitted files;
November 22nd, 2023: publication of the results of the evaluation;
November 28th, 2023: signing the scholarship contracts
The beneficiaries of the scholarships will have the following obligations:
– to disseminate the results of the research by publishing at least one article in a scientific journal indexed in international databases (Web of Science, SCOPUS or ERIH Plus) and published in a university center other than Cluj-Napoca, under the guidance of the scientific coordinator (proof of sending of a manuscript for publication – with editorial receipt – is also acceptable as a deliverable).
– to present the results of the research at at least one scientific conference held during the period of scholarship (proof of enrollment at a scientific conference held after the scholarship period ended is also acceptable).
– to deliver at least a presentation of the research results within the Virtual Next Generation College meetings, at STAR-UBB.
– to submit a final report approved by the scientific coordinator (and to be evaluated by the Faculty’s Evaluation Committee).